This is a super creamy and delicious cheesecake recipe.
The biscuit base with syrup gives the cheesecake it’s extra yummy taste.
No baking is required and it is simple to make.
Serves 8 | Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 6 hours
- 16 Digestive Biscuits (or 200g)
- 1 Fruit Cocktail Tin (in Syrup)
- 300ml Double Cream (or Whipping Cream)
- 200g Soft Cheese (or Cream Cheese)
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Crush the digestive biscuits in the bowl, using your hands or a masher of some sort (or crush them in a zip-lock bag by placing them into the bag and crushing them with a hard object).
- Add 1/2 cup of syrup (drained from the fruit cocktail tin) to the biscuits and mix well until it forms a thick paste.If you prefer a crumblier base, add less syrup to the biscuits.
- Place the biscuit and syrup mixture in the round tin, spread evenly and level using the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the biscuit base to set.
- Add the double cream to a bowl and whisk (using a hand/electric whisk or fork) until the cream thickens and you get soft peaks.
- Add icing sugar to the cream and mix well.
- Mix the soft cheese slightly to soften it, and then add it to the cream and icing sugar mixture. Mix well to combine all ingredients and create a soft and fluffy filling.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the filling to set before adding the topping.
- Drain all the syrup from the fruit cocktail tin, and place the fruit from the tin into a bowl.
- Decorate the cheesecake to your liking.
- Ideally allow the cheesecake to chill overnight to set well, if not, at least for 6/7 hours.