These pakoras are made with battered onion, potato and coriander. They are a delicious starter or snack, perfect for a rainy day.
1 Onion (Small/medium)
1⁄2 cup Coriander (Chopped)
100g Gram Flour (or Plain Flour)
1 Egg (Large)
1 teaspoon Salt
1⁄2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1⁄2 cup Water
- Peel and chop potatoes into thumbnail-sized chunks and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and chop onions into thumbnail-sized chunks or thin slices and add to the bowl.
- Add the coriander.
- Add salt and chilli powder.
- Crack the egg directly into the bowl.
- Add the gram flour to the bowl and mix well using your hand or a large spoon.
- Add the water and mix in to loosen the pakora mixture a little.
- Heat oil for frying. Using a tablespoon, scoop the pakora mixture from the bowl and place it gently into the frying pan. Add as many pakoras as can fit into the pan comfortably.
- Turn pakoras a few times. Once they are golden brown, place onto a large plate/tray lined with kitchen roll.
- Serve with chilli/mint yoghurt sauce/ketchup and enjoy 🙂