These polpettes are delicious, with a tangy, crunchy flavour full of potato goodness!
Makes 16-18 | Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes (plus 30 mins for chilling)
- 500g Potatoes
- 115g Feta Cheese
- 4 Spring Onions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 15ml (or 1 tbspn) Lemon Juice
- 1 tspn Salt
- 1 tspn Ground Black Pepper
- Flour (for dipping)
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted for approx 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft when a metal skewer is inserted into their centre.
- Drain the water and allow the potatoes to cool.
- While the potatoes are still warm, peel the skin off, and mash the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the spring onions, dill, egg,lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of mashed potatoes.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the bowl and mix everything well.
- Cover and chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes (so it is easier to shape the polpettes).
- Shape the mixture (into walnut shaped balls) and dip into the flour to coat them.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.