There’s nothing like fresh, homemade pizza! Really delicious and have it just how you like it. A fab way of getting children involved in the kitchen.
- 4 cups Plain Flour
- 50ml Olive Oil (Or Other Cooking Oil)
- 2 teaspoons Dried Active Yeast
- 1-2 teaspoons Sugar/Honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 350 ml Lukewarm Water
- 100g Tomato Passata (Sieved Tomato)
- Pizza Toppings (Of Your Choice)
- 100g Cheese (Grated)
For the pizza base
- Mix the yeast, salt and sugar in a clear bowl and add the lukewarm water. Leave this aside for 5 minutes, or until there is a 1-2cm layer of foam on top of the yeast mixture.
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl, create a well in the centre of the flour, and pour in the oil and yeast mixture.
- Mix together until a thick dough forms. If the mixture is not thick enough, add more flour.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface, and knead thoroughly until the dough is smooth.
- Add the dough to an oiled bowl, and coat the top of the dough with a little oil.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or plastic, and leave the dough to rise for at least 30 minutes (preferably an hour).
Prepare the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan Assisted/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Take a third (or half) of the pizza dough mixture and create a ball.
- Roll out the dough into a circle on a floured surface. For a fluffier pizza base, it should be approximately 1cm thick.
- If you have a pizza pan, transfer the pizza base onto the pan. Otherwise pop it onto a baking tray.
- Cover the base with an even layer of the tomato passata using the back of a spoon.
- Add your favourite toppings, and cover with the grated cheese.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Makes 2-3 pizzas, depending on the size.
- Top with whatever tickles your tastebuds! Our faves include mince beef and jalapeno, tuna and pepper, pepperoni, and chicken and sweetcorn.
- The best thing about pizza is that you decide how you want it and what you want on it!