Learn how to prepare this delicious pilau rice with a mixture of crunchy carrots, sweet raisins and aromatic spices.
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 45 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 300g Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons Coconut/Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppers
- 600ml Water (pre-boiled)
- Add the rice to a large bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 30 minutes to remove starch. After 30 minutes, drain the rice and leave to one side.
- In a large pan on high heat, add the oil and onions, and fry the onions until they are a deep brown colour, stirring frequently.
- Add in the carrots and honey, stir well and allow the carrots to cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add in the salt, cloves, peppers, raisins and rice and mix everything together.
- Cover the rice with 600ml boiled water, turn to a high heat and bring back to the boil.
- Once the pan comes to the boil, cover the rice and allow it to simmer for 10-12 minutes on a low heat.
- When the rice is cooked, mix well to evenly spread the spices, carrots and raisins.
Serve and enjoy 🙂