Make a delicious, creamy cinema-style cheesy dip for nachos using this easy and quick recipe.
Serves 6 | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 400g Tortilla Chips
- 300g Salsa Dip
- Sliced jalapeños
For the Cheesy Dip
- 40g Plain Flour
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 400ml Milk
- ~100g Red Leicester Cheese (or similar)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tspn Cayenne Pepper
- Extra cheese for sprinkling
- Add the butter to a medium pan on a low heat, and allow the butter to melt.
- Once the butter is bubbling/foaming, add in the flour and stir together until well-combined.
- Pour in the milk, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil, whisking well to combine the milk with the flour/butter paste and the get rid of any lumps.
- Once the sauce is boiling and has thickened, turn the heat to low, stir in the cheese and add in the salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the tortilla chips to a large plate/tray, pour over the salsa dip, add some jalapeños, pour over the cheesy sauce and finish with some more jalapeños if you like your chillies.