This is a recipe for a yummy bbq chicken and cheese burger bake.
Serves 6 | Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 300g Chicken (boneless, breast/thigh)
- 9 burger buns/rolls (sliced)
- Cheese Slices
- Bbq Sauce
- Passata (Sieved Tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 tspn Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Pickled Gherkins (optional)
- Grated Cheese (for topping)
- Cut chicken into thin slices or small chunks.
- Prepare the chicken marinade by adding the salt, garlic & ginger paste, olive oil, paprika, pepper and juice from the lemon to a mixing bowl and mixing together.
- Mix the chicken pieces into the marinade, and allow to marinade for 10 minutes (if you have the time).
- Cook the chicken in a medium pan on a high heat for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and most of the liquid has dried off.
- Remove chicken from the heat, add a few tablespoons of bbq sauce and mix well into the chicken.
- To prepare the burger bake, add the bottom layer of the burger buns to a roastin tin/baking tray. Top with the passata, add the chicken, add the gherkins and jalapenos. Next, layer the cheese slices, add bbq sauce and add the top layer of the burger buns. Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven at 200C/180C Fan/400F/Gas Mark 6
Serve and enjoy 🙂