This recipe will make deliciously crunchy on the outside Chicken, Potato and Spring Onion Rolls.
Makes 12-15 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
- 300g Chicken (breast/boneless thigh, cut into small chunks)
- 300g Potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 3 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- Frozen spring roll sheets (12-15 sheets)
- Oil for frying
- 1 Egg (lightly whisked, to seal the spring rolls)
- Place the spring roll sheets under a damp cloth for a few hours.
- Add the potatoes to a medium pan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil and allow to boil for 4 minutes (or until the potatoes have softened). Drain and allow to cool a little.
- Add the oil to a pan on medium/high heat, add in the chicken and spices, stir and cook the chicken for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the chicken and potatoes to a food processor, and process until the chicken is shredded and potato has combined with the chicken. Return to the pan in which the chicken was cooked.
- Add the spring onions and the juice of the lemon to the chicken/potato mixture, and combine the ingredients well.
- Place a small handful of the chicken, potato and spring onion mixture onto a pastry sheet, roll and seal with the beaten egg. Repeat until the entire mixture has been used up.
- Fry the spring rolls in hot oil, turning once to brown the rolls on each side.
Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy 🙂