A gorgeous nutty chocolate cheesecake that requires no baking, and is so easy to prepare.
This is a variation of a recipe that I saw by Nigella; it looked so easy and delicious that I couldn’t wait to try it.
Serves 16 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes (plus overnight chilling in the fridge)
- 200g Digestive Biscuits
- 200g Soft Cheese (Cream Cheese)
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Chocolate Spread (Nutella or similar)
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 150g Chopped Mixed Nuts
- Line a cake tin (I used a 15cm cake tin, but a smaller tin would probably be better)
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 45 seconds/1 minute.
- Break the biscuits in half and add to a food processor, and process until you have crumbs. If you do not have a food processor, crush the biscuits in a sealed plastic bag using a rolling pin, or crush by hand.
- Add the biscuits and butter to a mixing bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Add a handful of the chopped nuts and stir into the biscuit/butter mixture.
- Pour the biscuit/butter base into the cake tin, and press down firmly using the back of a spoon until you have an even, firm biscuit base. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the biscuit base to set.
- To make the filling, add the cheese, chocolate spread and icing sugar to a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling onto the biscuit base and spread evenly using the back of a large spoon.
- Pour the remaining chopped nuts over the cheesecake and spread for an even layer.
- Place in the fridge, ideally overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
Serve and enjoy 🙂