Over the weekend, I intended to make Strawberry Jam Delights from the Cookies Galore recipe book, only to discover I was all out of jam.
I had no choice but to improvise. I had a packet of chocolate drops, and ended up modifying the recipe to make chocolate chip cookies. They were really yummy mashaAllah 🙂
Makes ~16 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Baking Time: 15 minutes
- 125g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg (free range)
- 200g Plain Flour
- 6 tablespoons Cornflour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 100g Chocolate Chips/Drops
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Sift in the flour, cornflour and baking powder, and beat to form a soft dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips/drops.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to ~5mm thickness and cut into rounds using an 8cm cookie cutter. Re-roll the trimmings to make additional cookies until all the dough has been used.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until pale golden. Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.