Calling all lovers of Millies-style cookies! These big, soft and chewy cookies are sooo yum and easy to bake.
Serves 18 | Preparation Time 10 mins | Cooking Time 15 mins
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g dark brown soft sugar (or light brown soft sugar for lighter cookies)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract/paste
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g chocolate chunks/chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C Fan Assisted/Gas mark 3. Grease baking trays or line with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate and salt, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, with each cookie around 4 tablespoons of dough (for smaller cookies, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful and adjust baking time as necessary). Do not flatten the dough. Cookies should be about 8cm apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Edited slightly from: All Recipes