This gorgeous brownie ice cream with a variety of textures from crunchy to nutty smooth is so delicious!
Serves 8 | Preparation Time: 2 hours 30 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes
50g Plain Chocolate (Good quality)
50g Unsalted Butter
100g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence (Or vanilla pod/paste)
1 Egg (Large, Free Range)
50g Plain Flour
1 1⁄2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
75g Pecan Pieces (Toasted)
750ml White Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream (Good quality)
You will also need:
20.5cm x 20.5cm Brownie Tin (Greased and Base-lined)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius/350 degrees fahrenheit/Gas Mark 4.
- Break chocolate into pieces, place into a heatproof bowl and add butter.
- Melt gently over a pan of steaming water, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, stir the sugar into the bowl of chocolate and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir beaten egg into the mixture.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture, and mix well until smooth.
- Toast pecans in a little oil, and add them to the mixture.
- Transfer mixture to the brownie tin, spreading evenly.
- Put in oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, break brownie into thumbnail-sized chunks.
- Allow ice cream to cool to room temperature, and transfer into the freeze-proof container.
- Mix brownie pieces into the ice cream.
- Place container into freezer and freeze for approximately 2 hours.Serve and enjoy 🙂