These oozing jam doughnuts are absolutely delicious and require no baking.
They can be filled with jam, chocolate or any filling that you want.
Perfect for adults and children.
Serves 16 | Preparation Time: 3 hours | Cooking Time: 30 minutes
450g Strong White Bread Flour
30g Caster Sugar (Plus extra for dusting)
60g Butter (Softened)
2 Eggs (Beaten)
200ml Milk (Warmed gently)
7g Dried Active Yeast
1 litre Vegetable Oil (For frying)
450g Raspberry Jam (Or any other jam/chocolate/filling)
- Whisk together the milk, yeast and sugar, and leave for approximately 5 minutes until bubbles appear.
- Whisk eggs into the yeast mixture.
- Place the flour into a large bowl, add a pinch of salt and create a well in the centre of the bowl.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well, and mix with the flour using your hand.
- Add the butter and mix well until it becomes a smooth dough and knead it.
- Transfer the dough into a well-oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm, and allow to rise for approximately 2 hours (at room temperature).
- When dough has doubled in size, knock back the dough for 1 minute.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, and cut into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a round ball, place onto a tray lined with baking paper and cover with oiled clingfilm. Allow to double in size for 45 minutes. For the last 10 minutes (of the 45 minutes) remove the clingfilm to allow the balls to form a slight crust on top.
- Line one tray with kitchen roll, and cover another tray with caster sugar.
- Heat oil for frying. Check that the oil is hot enough by dipping a piece of bread into the oil. If the bread sizzles, the oil is ready for frying.
- Fry the doughnuts for 30 seconds on each side. Fry two at a time or more if you have a large pan.
- Remove doughnuts from frying pan using a wire mesh spoon and place onto tray lined with kitchen roll.
- Dip both sides of the doughnut in sugar.
- Put a small slit on the side of the doughnut.
- Using a piping bag or syringe, pipe approximate a tablespoon of jam (or alternative filling) into each doughnut.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂