Make delicious, soft naan bread in the comfort of your own home. Perfect with curries and as wraps for kebabs.
Makes 12-14 | Preparation Time: 1-2 hours | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons Dried Active Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 400ml Lukewarm Water
- 5 cups Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- Add the yeast, salt and sugar to a small bowl.
- Stir in the water and leave aside for 5 minutes (or until a layer of foam appears on the mixture).
- Add the flour, yeast mixture, oil and yoghurt to a large bowl, knead together to form a smooth dough. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour.
- Transfer the dough to a well-oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave for 1-2 hours in a warm room (or until the dough has at least doubled in size.
- To make the naan bread, flour a surface and the palms of your hands, and roll the dough into balls in your palms.
- Press the naan dough ball into the flour, and roll out using a rolling pin, turning the dough each time you roll to form the round naan bread shape.
- Transfer to a tava/large frying pan on a low/medium heat.
- Turn naan bread regularly until both sides have cooked.
- Repeat process until you have used all the naan dough and the naans have been made.
Serve with your favourite curry and enjoy 🙂