A quick and easy recipe for preparing delicious and succulent tandoori roast chicken.
Serves 6 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes (plus marinating overnight) | Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 6 Chicken Legs (no skin)
- 3 tablespoons Tandoori Masala
- 1 cup Yoghurt (Natural/Greek or similar)
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (optional)
- Oil for drizzling or frying
- Cut slits into the chicken legs to allow the marinade and spices to get into the chicken.
- Add the yoghurt, tandoori masala and coriander to a large bowl, and squeeze juice from the lemon into the bowl. Mix contents well.
- Coat the chicken legs in the marinade in the bowl, ensuring that the marinade reaches into the slits in the chicken legs.
- Cover the bowl and ideally leave the chicken in the tandoori masala marinade overnight (or at least 7-8 hours) in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200C Fan Assisted.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin, cover with a sheet of foil, and place into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, take the top sheet of foil off the chicken.
- Either drizzle a little oil over each chicken leg and place the roasting tin back in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the tops of the chicken pieces are a lovely red/brown, or deep fry the chicken legs.
Serve and enjoy 🙂