Aloo Chana (Potato & Chickpea) Chaat is a quick and delicious Pakistani starter or snack.
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 25 minutes | Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 tin Chick peas (Cooked/Ready to use)
- 350g Cooking Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Coriander
- 1 1/2 Cup Yoghurt (Natural Low Fat or similar)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Chaat Masala
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste/Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (optional)
- Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes and add to cold water in a pan. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes (or until soft).
- Drain potatoes, and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes into chunks.
- Add the potatoes, drained chick peas, coriander, tomatoes, chaat masala and lemon juice to a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix in the yoghurt.
- Serve in a small bowl and top with the tamarind paste/sauce.