A sweet ‘n’ chilli lamb and pepper curry which is easy to make and tastes so good!
Serves 4-6 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 500g Lamb/Mutton
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Passata
- 2 tspn Salt
- 1-2 tbspn Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tbspn Garam Masala
- 1 tbspn Ground Coriander
- 1 tbspn Garlic Paste
- 3 tbspn Honey
- 3 tbspn Cornflour
- 6 cups Water
- 3 tbspn Olive Oil (or similar)
- 2 tbspn Lemon Juice (optional)
- Chop the peppers and onions into large chunks and slice the tomatoes.
- In a large pan on a high heat, add the oil, peppers, onions, tomatoes, meat, spices and salt, honey and water. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover pan and cook for approx. 45 minutes or until the meat is soft.
- Add lemon juice (optional).
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little water.
- Bring the lamb curry pan to the boil and add the cornflour slowly, stirring regularly while adding to get a thick curry sauce. Add more or less cornflour depending on how thick you want your curry.
Serve and enjoy 🙂