Strawberry and white chocolate is a wonderful combination, and these cupcakes are topped with white chocolate and made with a strawberry jam centre which is a lovely little surprise.
Makes 12 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Baking Time: 12-15 minutes
- 125g Butter (softened)
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 100g White Chocolate Chips (or Chunks)
- 100g Strawberry Jam
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C Fan/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Grease a 12 cup cupcake tray, or line with cupcake cases.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl, and cream together until smooth.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a small bowl, and add to the butter and sugar, whisking well until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the milk if batter is too thick (optional).
- Add a tablespoon of cupcake batter in each of the cupcake cases.
- Place a teaspoon of jam in the centre of each cupcake.
- Add any remaining cupcake batter over the jam, maybe less than a teaspoon each.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with the white chocolate drops.
- Place cupcakes into the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown on top and springy to the touch.
Serve and enjoy!
Note: the jam will be very hot so careful if eating them fresh out of the oven 🙂