Macaroni and cheese is such a simple, quick and tasty dish perfect for kids and the whole family. I add a kick of spice to mine 🙂
Serves 4-6 | Cooking Time: ~25 minutes
- 500g Macaroni Pasta
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Plain Flour
- 500ml Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 cup Grated Cheese & extra for topping (cheddar or similar)
- Breadcrumbs for topping (optional)
- Add the butter to a medium pan on a low heat.
- Once melted, stir in the plain flour until it is a smooth paste.
- Add in the milk, and cook on a medium/high heat until it is a thick sauce. Whisk the sauce to remove any lumps.
- Stir in the salt and spices, remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Cover and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on packaging.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, combine well with the cheese sauce.
- Transfer to an oven dish, top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs. Pop under the grill or in the oven until topping is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂